THE HBC HEALTH BLOG
Health & Wellness List
The Top 50 Influencers Brands Need to Watch This Year
The HBC is a community of health & wellness influencers and bloggers, offering a membership plan to support you in making a bigger impact in the industry. Each year we’ll compile a list of the 50 top influencers in some of the key categories within the health and wellness industry.
We look into the general audience size, as well as engagement levels, relevance to the topic and any previous accolades, including our annual health blog awards.
ABOUT THE AWARDS
FROM 2016 CELEBRATING THE BEST IN WELLNESS
The awards provide a unique opportunity to celebrate influencers. Celebrating the best blogs and Instagram accounts in wellness, representing the epitome of all digital content platforms. The HBA recognises the best in digital talent, whilst providing everyone with an opportunity to be entered into the process, no matter how big or small your following.
CLASS OF 2018
HEALTH BLOG AWARDS WINNERS
SARAH LEANNE PUSTKOWSKI
Yesterday was so much more than just the awards, but I’m so unbelievably grateful to have won. It has given me the confidence to keep going and hopefully, keep giving others something to be able to relate too.
Our Sponsors for 2018
MORE INFO & QUESTIONS
How to Enter
The Awards are open to anyone that writes a blog – whether it is for enjoyment/personal development, as part of their job, to improve the visibility of their business as sole traders or as a professional blogger. In order to considered for the awards, your content must be a blog (or Instagram account for the Instagram category) and entered into the correct category. The blogger must be over the age of 18.
Which countries count as part of the awards?
All categories must be written by a person based in the UK or Ireland.
Who is Shortlisted?
The top five blogs from each category will be shortlisted and will be showcased, featured on the HBC magazine and social media, as well as on the website. By entering the Health Blog Awards you agree to allow the Awards to publish excerpts and showcase screen shots of entered blogs in promotion of the Awards.
What Happens if I am Shortlisted?
You will be notified if you have been shortlisted. It is then up to you to promote your entry to your colleagues, friends and family. Once the public vote closes, the top 5 blogs from each category will be put forward to our expert judges. Public vote counts for 30% of the final score, and judge vote counts for 70%.
What are the Judging Criteria?
The criteria for the awards will be judged as follows:
- Relevance to the topic
- Design & style
- Engagement and social proof
- Blog usability and navigation
OUT OF THE ABOVE 5 CRITERIA, FURTHER SUB CRITERIA INCLUDES:
- Quality and consistency of the blog, overall branding, passion and knowledge on the main topic of the blog. For food blogs also applies: recipes, clarity, and overall food photography.
WINNERS OF PAST EDITIONS
2016 and 2017 Winners
- FREE FROM & ILLNESS RECOVERY: Vicky from theflourishingpantry.com
- BEST YOGA & SPIRITUALITY BLOG: Jody from JodyShield.co.uk
- BEST FITNESS BLOG: Hannah from hannahandfitness.com
- BEST VEGAN BLOG: Rachel from healthyandpsyched.com
- BEST EUROPEAN BLOG: Victoria from sailingthroughfitness.com
- BEST NEW BLOG: Vanessa & Kat from BrunchnGrind.co.uk
- BEST SCIENCE & NUTRITION BLOG: Pixie from plantbased-pixie.com
- BEST HEALTH & FITNESS INSTAGRAM: Hayley from @nourishyourglow
- BEST IRISH BLOG: Ciara from theirishbalanceblog.wordpress.com
- BEST BEAUTY & LIFESTYLE: Nuala from englisharomatherapist.com
- BEST RECIPE BLOG: Emma from mrshollingsworths.com
- HEALTH BLOGGER OF THE YEAR: Jessica from positivelyjessicaward.com
- Best Health Blog of the Year: Rachel – Healthy and Psyched
- Best European Blog: Anne Kraup – Anne Smiles
- Best Free From & Illness Recovery Blog: Ceri Jones – Natural Kitchen Adventures
- Best Yoga & Spirituality Blog: Eleanor C May – Green + Aquamarine
- Best Science and Nutrition Blog: Sarah Curry – Dishin it Out
- Best New Blog: Rae-Emily Dani & Lily – Beauty at Brunch
- Best Fitness Blog: Lisa J Holmes – Wildcat Fit UK
- Best Vegan Blog: Amelia Littlejohn – Nourishing Amelia
- Best Recipe Blog: Lucy Parker – Lucy and Lentils